Luggage and Bag Repair
We know how important it is to have working luggage that you can rely on. Your trip depends on it. And we’re here to help.
Our on-site luggage repair center is staffed by our trained and experienced repair technician, Jordan. We are conveniently located just north of downtown Atlanta, one mile off Interstate I-75. We serve the greater metropolitan Atlanta area, repairing thousands of bags each year. Click here for directions to our store.
You may have questions about your repair. Here are some frequently asked questions from our customers:
Can you repair my bag?
- We repair all types of luggage, suitcases and duffel bags as well as briefcases and laptop bags. We also repair musical instrument cases, golf bags, purses and baseball gloves and have repaired quite a few children’s strollers as well.
Repairs are done on our premises. Our repair technicians are able to:
- Restitch and repair zippers
- Restitch seams
- Reset and re-thread zipper sliders and/or replace zipper sliders and missing tabs
- Replace wheels and wheel housings
- Replace frames if they are replaceable
- Replace rubber welting on luggage corners
- Repair and replace retractable handles
- Repair and replace carry handles
- Replace drawbolts, hinges and clasps
- Reset combination locks for many bags
- Replace a variety of other parts including garment bag wally clips, attachment hook holders, luggage feet, luggage strips and more.
What bags do we work on?
We are an authorized luggage repair center for:
- Bill Blass
- Briggs & Riley
- Gloria Vanderbilt
- Kathy Van Zeeland
- Lily Bloom
- Nicole Miller
- Ricardo Beverly Hills
- Samantha Brown
- Steve Madden
We also do repairs on most luggage brands including Hartmann and Samsonite. Call us at 404-351-7410 or toll free at 800-720-2928, or email us at email@example.com if you need more information or want to discuss your repair. If you are in the Atlanta area, we recommend that you stop by our store with the item that needs repair so our repair technician can more accurately tell you whether it is under warranty, what repairs need to be made, how much they will cost, how long they will take, etc.
What is covered by my luggage warranty?
Most manufacturers offer a warranty that their products will be free of defects in material and workmanship. They do not usually cover airline damage, misuse or wear-and-tear. Moving parts and wheels do show wear with use over time and may need to be repaired or replaced. These are not usually covered under warranty. When you come in, our associate will be able to let you know if your bag is covered under the manufacturer warranty, and if not what the cost of the repair will be.
There are some exceptions - some manufacturers do warrant their luggage against defects, airline damage as well as general wear and tear. For those manufacturers there is never a charge to repair your bag.
What should I do if my bag is damaged by an airline?
If your luggage is damaged by an airline, you should:
- Check your baggage carefully in the luggage claims area before leaving the airport.
- Report any damage immediately to the baggage service center of the airline on which you traveled and file damage claims before you leave the airport. Many airlines require that you make a claim within 24 hours of your flying.
How long will it take to get my luggage repaired?
If we have the parts you need in stock, our turnaround time is usually 2 - 4 business days. If we need to order parts from the manufacturer of your bag, that will delay your repair until we receive the parts.
How do I get my luggage to your repair facility?
If you live in the metropolitan Atlanta Area, please come on by. We are located at 1151 Chattahoochee Ave. Atlanta, GA 30318 and are open every day including weekends. Click here for directions to our store.
If you live far from our store you can ship your luggage to us. But please, call us first. One of our repair technicians will discuss your repair with you and let you know whether your bag is repairable and what the approximate cost will be. If your luggage is under warranty, you will not be charged for the repair, and some manufacturers will also cover the return shipping charges as well.
When we receive your bag, we will call you and discuss the repair and its cost before we complete it. Reach us at 404-351-7410 or 800-720-2928 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you do ship your bag to us, please ship it inside a box. Luggage not shipped in a box is often damaged in transit and is usually covered in dirt and streaks. we're sorry but we will refuse shipments that are not shipped in a box.
Can I buy luggage parts?
We do not sell luggage parts separately. If you need to purchase luggage parts, you may wish to contact the manufacturer directly.